7.19.2011

Blurgh

I think it's kind of cute when bloggers start a post by saying, "Sorry I haven't posted for so long!" Because really, it's okay. Everyone has a life outside of blogs (hopefully) and we aren't waiting on the edge of our seats for the next installment (usually).

That said, I am sorry I haven't posted for so long. I didn't mean to get behind, but life came and did a slam-dance against me. Hard.

I won't go into nitty-grittys**, but it involves the city's fourth of July fireworks show, a ride in an ambulance and several eye surgeries for my husband in Salt Lake City over the next month. Also a funeral, but that was unrelated to incident #1 (although they happened simultaneously). Add a bit of house-hunting, lots of traveling, and a two-year-old who has hit her tantrum stride, and we've got ourselves a party!

I'm overwhelmed. No, no. I'm making up a new word for the occasion: UBER-whelmed. I'm totally uberwhelmed.

But I've been missing my bloggy friends, and all your blogs, and the whole writing thing, so I wanted to check in. I'll be back soon!

In the meantime, check out the blogfest Christine Tyler is hosting. There are prizes! And new friends! And new friends are a prize in and of themselves but there are also gift cards! Retail therapy for the uberwhelmed!

**But if you want to know the nitty-gritty, you can friend me on Facebook (Jeigh Hardy Meredith) and read all about it. See, I know how to network.

5 comments:

Red Boot Pearl said...

Uberwhelmed should be in the dictionary...and holy cow just read through your face book. Can I just say you put my life back in perspective? Because you totally did.
Good luck with everything, sending some prayers your way...because the baked goods would probably be pretty stale by the time they got there.

Ruth Josse said...

I've missed seeing you in bloggyland. Sorry to hear life isn't cooperating. Hope things look up soon!

Btw, I'm totally friending you.

Jess said...

Hope your husband is going to be okay! And I've got a two-year-old in tantrum mode, so I feel for you there.

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Ouch. Sounds like a very rough couple of weeks. I hope things get better. *hugs*

Christine Tyler said...

Uberwhelmed is officially a word in my world now.
Thanks for the blogfest shout-out as well :)