*straightens tiara* *smooths wrinkles from prom dress* *shuffles notecards*
I'm totally late to the game (yay, strep throat!) and there are a lot of mentee bios to read through, so I'm going to make this short.
First, a little about me:
- I'm a small town Idaho girl.
- I'm married with five kids. (So I've gotten reeeeallly good at tuning high, whiny noises out while I write or read.)
- I have a blue Great Dane named Hydra. She's bigger than me, but too lazy to do anything about it.
- I love corn in (almost) all its varieties: popped, cobbed, uncobbed. But give it to me canned, and you're on my Black List.
- I love to ride my bike.
- I'm dying to be on Survivor. I've seen every episode at least once. I have a killer strategy. And I attended an open casting call just last week, where I formed an airtight alliance.
A little about my MS:
- It's called RESONANT.
- It's YA Fantasy.
- It's about a girl named Tenny who has synesthesia, which causes her to taste music. (It's a real thing, guys!)
- It has phoenixes from Japan, China, Russia, Greece, and New Zealand who help mankind progress through magical (and tasty) songs that inspire epiphanies and strokes of genius.
- It has a fox witch.
- My characters can manipulate things by singing their resonant frequencies.
- Oh, and there's a best-friend-becomes-more-than-a-friend romance.
Choose me as a mentee! Because:
- My story is awesome!
- But it could be even awesomer!
- I'm well-experienced with taking hard critiques and using them to make my writing even better.
- On a related note, I've very good at self-medicating with chocolate.
- I love making new writer friends.
- AND I'm ready to get this story out into the world!
*especially Brenda Drake, for putting this all together. Check out her blog here.
**and thanks to Christopher Keelty for the Pimp My Bio fun. Check out the other mentees bios here.