|"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like..."|
So! I've finally reached (and now sailed past) eleventy-one followers, which, seriously guys, makes me so happy. I've wanted to do a giveaway for a while and this feels like the perfect time.
I don't want to do anything complicated, so all you have to do is be a follower (or become a follower) and leave a comment to be entered. However! If you can tell me in your comment, in exactly 11 words, why you should or want to win, you will get another entry. Ditto if you Facebook, Tweet, or blog about the contest.
There are 11 prizes up for grabs:
- A copy of my favorite book when I was 11 years old, THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE.
- A copy of one of my favorite reads of 2011, I CAPTURE THE CASTLE.
- A copy of Anne Lamott's BIRD BY BIRD, which is an excellent writing resource.
- A package including some of my favorite writing treats and treasures, including this guy. (I tried to include a picture but it wouldn't let me.)
- A first chapter crit.
- An entire read through of your MS with feedback (and I'm a fast reader.)
- A query crit from Christine Tyler. (I know, guys. I KNOW.)
- An interview on my blog with 11 tailored-to-you questions.
- A picture, based on your hook, drawn by my 6-year-old, Halle. (And she's got skills, mind you.)
- A fanfiction, based on your hook, by my 8-year-old, Jenna. (Also awesome.)
- The opportunity to pick my husband's brain about any medical or fighting questions you might have. He's a Physician Assistant and an all-sorts-of-violence (except real life) buff, so he knows what he's talking about.
So, to sum up:
Be a follower and leave a comment--1 point.
Leave an 11 word comment--1 point
Twitter, Facebook, or blog love-1 point each
Please tally up your point total in your comment (point tally not included in 11 words) and please, be honest. Remember, even if you can't see Bilbo, he might be watching you. And he doesn't like cheaters.
*side note for my sisters and other non-writer friends: Feel free to enter, too! If you win one of the writerly prizes, I'll be happy to negotiate alternatives. So...please enter?